Monday 10th February was an unforgettable evening at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff. Laithwaite’s were proud to support the Classic FM team in delivering an outstanding evening of exceptional music for their annual Classic FM Live event in Wales. As sponsors we, did what we do best and, provided guests with delicious wines as an accompaniment to the wonderful music.
The concert encapsulates one of the reasons why we love working with Classic FM. We all believe that wine tastes better with music, and music sounds better with wine. The team at Classic FM paired our wines with some of the musical pieces on the night, and you’ve got the chance to recreate this at home tonight and let us know what you think. The concert is being played again in full, at 8pm tonight, on the Full Works on Classic FM.
Wine and Music Pairings:
- Ca’ Vescovo 2013, Pinot Grigio, Italy, with Tros Y Garreg (Over The Stone), Catrin Finch
- Los Rosales Chapel Vineyard 2013, Chardonnay, Chile, with Pie Jesu: Requiem, Wynne Evans,
- The Huguenot 2012, Cabernet Sauvignon, South Africa, with Adiemus Colores: Cancion Turquesa, Wynne Evans,
- Laithwaites Sauvignon Blanc 2012, France, with The Armed Man – Benedictus, Julian Lloyd Webber
- Le Grand Chai 2009, Bordeaux Rouge, France, with Adiemus.
For full details of the event go to the Classic FM website.
The second part of last night’s programme was devoted to the celebration of the much loved Welsh composer Karl Jenkins, honouring his life-long contribution to his art. Laithwaite’s were proud to donate a jeroboam of Champagne to help kick his 70th birthday off with suitable verve.
Tickets are now on sale for our for next event at the Royal Albert Hall on 29th April 2014, for full detail please click here.