Long-Form Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of the competition is Direct Wines Limited (trading as Laithwaite’s Wine), One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW, registered company no 01095091 (“LW”).
2. The competition is open to all residents of the U.K. (England, Scotland and Wales but not Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and BFPO) who have reached at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (the “Competition”). The Competition is not open to directors, officers, agents, contractors and employees of LW or Manly Spirits UK, any of their affiliated or associated entities or divisions, their advertising and promotional agencies or members of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families living in the same household.
3. By participating in the Competition, each participant accepts these terms and conditions of the Competition and agrees to be bound by them. The Competition is subject to all applicable laws.
4. To enter the Competition, the entrant must between 00:00 04/11/2020 and 23:59 11/11/2020:
a. like the competition post on the @laithwaites.wine Instagram page;
b. comment on the @laithwaites.wine Instagram page with the answer to the question “What Australian suburb is Manly in?”
5. Only one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
6. The entrant also agrees to grant LW, Manly Spirits UK and their direct or indirect licensees, assignees and agencies a royalty-free, exclusive, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable and irrevocable licence to use, publish, reproduce, edit, exhibit, project and display the post for the purposes of advertising, marketing and promotional activity, in connection with promoting LW’s and Manly Spirits UK’s products and services.
7. In doing so, the entrant agrees to waive their moral rights under section 205 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and to waive any right that they may have to inspect and approve any use made of the post within the scope of licence granted under paragraph 6 above.
8. The entrant releases LW and/or Instagram from any claims for remuneration associated with the use of the post.
When you enter this competition, you’ll provide us with your details of your Instagram account and the information you share in the post with LW. If you are a winner, we will ask for your postal address so that we can deliver your prize to you, and we may ask for additional information in order to verify your age. We obtain all of this information from you directly.
We’ll use your personal data in order to run the competition fairly and properly, and if you are a winner, to tell you that you’ve won the competition and to make any further arrangements with you, including to repost your winning entry on social media,. We may pass on your details to verify your age to ensure that we only give products containing alcohol to those aged 18 or over, and the CAP Code requires us (as the promoter of this competition) to either publish or make available certain information about prize winners. You can object to this information being published or made available by contacting us on 03330 148 168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, even if you opt out, we may still have to provide the information and winning entry to the ASA.
If your competition entry is a winner, we may share your details with the courier company we use to deliver your prize to you; the company we use to carry out age verification checks (if required); and with our core IT services providers.
11. The winner of the prize will be selected from eligible entries. The winner of the prize will be contacted on the same day as the draw via Instagram. Three attempts will be made to contact the winner of the prize. If the winner does not respond via direct message within 7 days of LW’s first message to accept the prize, an alternative winner will be selected. If an alternative winner must be selected, the selection process will be repeated, and the new winner will be contacted via Instagram.
12. LW will contact the winners by private message on Instagram in accordance with paragraph 11 above and will request their details (name, address and email) for the purposes of claiming their prize only.
13. LW will send the winner the 1 x 70cl bottle of Manly Spirits Costal Citrus Gin. No refunds will be given.
14. LW cannot be held responsible for any prize not received by the winner.
15. All prize draws will be completed by a verifiable random draw.
16. Odds of winning the prizes will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
17. LW retains sole discretion to withhold prizes without liability if in its view a participant is ineligible, the entry is invalid, or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions. LW may use the services of a third party to verify the age of any winner.
18. LW reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
19. You acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
20. You acknowledge and accept that Instagram will not be responsible or liable for this Competition.
21. LW is not responsible or liable for:
a. Any entry for which the post or comment is lost, deleted or deemed abusive by Instagram;
b. Any accounts that are deemed to be fraudulent or not authentic;
c. Unforeseen changes in Instagram’s legal or commenting rules & regulations;
d. Any external factors that may restrict a participant from accepting their prize;
e. Any entries that cannot be found by LW due to the entrant’s account being locked, suspended, blocked or otherwise inaccessible to general users of Instagram.
22. LW shall not be liable in any way for a) any costs or expenses associated with claiming or redeeming any prize and not specifically included within the prize as stated in the Competition, b) any damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the Competition or the prize other than those costs and expenses specifically stated in the Competition. Nothing in this disclaimer is intended to limit LW’s liability for death or personal injury arising out of LW’s negligence.
23. There is no cash alternative for the prize.
24. If there is a dispute between you and LW in relation to the Competition or these terms and conditions, you may take legal action against LW, and LW may take legal action against you in either the English courts or the local courts in the part of the UK where you live. The applicable law will be that of the location of the court.