1. The promoter of the competition is Direct Wines Ltd (trading as Laithwaites), One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW (“LW”).
2. The competition is open to all residents of the U.K. (England, Scotland, and Wales but not Northern Ireland) who have reached at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (the “Competition”). The Competition is not open to directors, officers, agents, contractors and employees of LW, any of its affiliated or associated entities or divisions, their advertising and promotional agencies or members of the aforementioned individuals’ respective immediate families living in the same household.
3. By participating in the Competition, each participant accepts these terms and conditions of the Competition and agrees to be bound by them. The Competition is subject to all applicable laws.
4. To enter the Competition:
a. the entrant must at any time between 00:00:00 Friday 13 May 2022 and 23:59:59 Wednesday 18 May 2022; follow @laithwaites.wine on Instagram; and
b. tag another Instagram user in the comments section on the relevant Instagram post on Laithwaites’ account advertising the prize draw.
5. Only one (1) entry (across all social media platforms) per person. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
6. There will be five winners of the prize. The winners of the prize will be selected at random by no later than 23 May 2022.
7. If LW runs the same competition (i.e. a competition with the same dates and prize) across different sites or social media platforms and the same winner is randomly selected to win more than one competition, the winner shall only be entitled to win one prize.
8. The winners of the prize will be contacted by 23 May 2022. Three attempts will be made to contact the winners of the prize. If the winners do not respond via DM (Instagram direct message) within 7 days of LW’s first message to accept the prize, alternative winners will be selected.
9. LW will contact the winners via Instagram direct message to request their details (name, age and address) for the purposes of claiming their prize only.
10. LW will send each winner four Taste with Laithwaites Home Tasting Kits which contain six 100ml tasting sized packs including x1 Heredad Chavarri Albarino, x1 Villa Broglia Gavi di Gavi, x1 RedHeads Harmonie Rox Chardonnay, x1 Purple Owl Pinot Noir, x1 Opi Reserve Malbec & x1 Chateau La Clariere.. No refunds will be given.
11. The prize will be sent out via courier, LW cannot be held responsible for any prize not received by the winners.
12. Odds of winning the prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
13. LW retains sole discretion to withhold the prize without liability if in its view a participant is ineligible, the entry is invalid, or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions.
14. Wine may contain sulphites. If a substitution is made due to availability issues, this allergen summary may not reflect the content of the substituted product.
15. LW reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
16. You acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
17. You acknowledge and accept that Instagram will not be responsible or liable for this Competition.
18. LW is not responsible or liable for:
a. Any entry for which the post or comment is lost, deleted or deemed abusive by Instagram;
b. Any accounts that are deemed to be fraudulent or not authentic;
c. Unforeseen changes in Instagram’s legal or commenting rules & regulations;
d. Any external factors that may restrict a participant from accepting their prize;
e. Any entries that cannot be found or seen by LW; and
f. Any entries that cannot be opened or are otherwise inaccessible for any reason by LW.
19. There is no cash alternative for the prizes.
20. If there is a dispute between you and LW in relation to the Competition or these terms and conditions, you may take legal action against LW, and LW may take legal action against you in either the English courts or the local courts in the part of the UK where you live. The applicable law will be that of the location of the court.
21. The entrant must read and understand the privacy notice for this Competition at https://www.laithwaites.co.uk/customer-services/privacy-policy-and-cookies. In addition, the following privacy notice also applies to the Competition:
If you are a winner, we will ask for your postal address so that we can deliver your prize to you, and we may ask for additional information in order to verify your age. We obtain all of this information from you directly.
We’ll use your personal data in order to run the competition fairly and properly, and if you are a winner, to tell you that you’ve won the competition and to make any further arrangements with you, including to repost your winning entry on social media, and to deliver your prize to you. We may pass on your details to verify your age to ensure that we only give products containing alcohol to those aged 18 or over. The CAP Code also requires us (as the promoter of this competition) to either publish or make available certain information about prize winners. You can object to this information being published or made available by contacting us on 03330 148 168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, even if you opt out, we may still have to provide the information and winning entry to the ASA.
If your competition entry is a winner, we may share your details with the courier company we use to deliver your prize to you; the company we use to carry out age verification checks (if required); and with our core IT services providers.