1. The promoter of the competition is Direct Wines Limited (trading as Laithwaites), One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW (“LW”).
2. The competition is open to all residents of the U.K. (England, Scotland, and Wales but not Northern Ireland) who have reached at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry (the “Competition”).
3. By participating in the Competition, each participant accepts these terms and conditions of the Competition and agrees to be bound by them. The Competition is subject to all applicable laws.
4. To enter the Competition:
a. the entrant must at any time between 00:00:00 1April 2022 And 23:59:59 17 April 2022, upload a picture which shows their TASTE with LAITHWAITES Kit. This could for example be of the kit by itself, or of them enjoying the show and tasting with the kit. The picture must feature all or part of the TASTE with LAITHWAITES kit to be valid. Entrants will need to upload their photo to their public Instagram, Facebook OR Twitter and use #TASTEwithLAITHWAITES in the caption. Entrants may also enter by emailing their photo to us at Events.Feedback@laithwaiteswine.com with ‘Taste Competition’ in the subject line;
b. the photo must not in any way be obscene, offensive or defamatory, and must not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights;
c. the photo must not feature any children or persons under the age of 25;
d. where entries are submitted via Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, the photo must remain on the entrant’s feed and visible to the public for the duration of the competition, until a winner is announced.
5. Only one (1) entry (across all platforms) per person. Multiple entries may cause you to be disqualified.
6. The entrant confirms that:
a. they are the author and owner of all rights in the photo and no other person has any claim to ownership or other legal rights in the photo; and
b. they have full legal capacity to give permission for the photo to be used.
7. The entrant hereby grants LW and its direct or direct licensees, assignees and agencies a royalty-free, exclusive, worldwide, assignable, sub-licensable and irrevocable licence to use, publish, reproduce, edit, exhibit, project and display the photo for the purposes of advertising, marketing and promotional activity, in connection with promoting LW.
8. In doing so, the entrant agrees to waive their moral rights under section 205 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and to waive any right that they may have to inspect and approve any use made of the photo within the scope of the licence granted under clause 7 above.
9. The entrant releases LW, Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter from any claims for renumeration associated with the use of the photo.
10. There will be five winners of the prize, one from each channel the entrant is able to enter via (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Email) and one for all staff entries (staff entries to be collated across all platforms and one winner chosen from this pool) . The winners of the prizes will be selected at random by no later than 7 May 2022.
11. If LW runs the same competition (i.e. a competition with the same dates and prize) across different sites or social media platforms and the same winner is randomly selected to win more than one competition, the winner shall only be entitled to win one prize.
12. The winners of the prize will be contacted by 14 May 2022. Three attempts will be made to contact the winner of the prize through the platform they uploaded their photo. If the winner does not respond via DM (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter direct message) or via email (if entered via email) within 7 days of LW’s first message to accept the prize, an alternative winner will be selected.
13. LW will contact the winner via Instagram, Facebook and Twitter direct message, or email (depending on their method of entry) to request their details (name, age and address) for the purposes of claiming their prize only.
14. LW will send each winner one bottle of Laithwaites Theale Vineyard Founder’s Reserve Blanc de Blancs 2014 and Dartington TL Signature Series Flute (2 Glasses). No refunds will be given.
15. The prize will be sent out via courier, LW cannot be held responsible for any prize not received by the winner.
16. Odds of winning the prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received.
17. LW retains sole discretion to withhold the prize without liability if in its view a participant is ineligible, the entry is invalid, or a winner does not meet the necessary requirements as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Wine may contain sulphites. If a substitution is made due to availability issues, this allergen summary may not reflect the content of the substituted product.
19. LW reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of its control.
20. You acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
21. You acknowledge and accept that Instagram, Facebook orTwitter will not be responsible or liable for this Competition.
22. LW is not responsible or liable for:
a. Any entry for which the post or comment is lost, deleted or deemed abusive by Instagram, Facebook or Twitter;
b. Any accounts that are deemed to be fraudulent or not authentic;
c. Unforeseen changes in Instagram, Facebook or Twitters legal or commenting rules & regulations;
d. Any external factors that may restrict a participant from accepting their prize;
e. Any entries that cannot be found or seen by LW; and
f. Any entries that cannot be opened or are otherwise inaccessible for any reason by LW.
23. There is no cash alternative for the prizes.
24. If there is a dispute between you and LW in relation to the Competition or these terms and conditions, you may take legal action against LW, and LW may take legal action against you in either the English courts or the local courts in the part of the UK where you live. The applicable law will be that of the location of the court.
25. The entrant must read and understand the privacy notice for this Competition at www.laithwaites.co.uk/privacy. In addition, the following privacy notice also applies to the Competition:
If you are a winner, we will ask for your postal address so that we can deliver your prize to you, and we may ask for additional information in order to verify your age. We obtain all of this information from you directly.
We’ll use your personal data in order to run the competition fairly and properly, and if you are a winner, to tell you that you’ve won the competition and to make any further arrangements with you, including to repost your winning entry on social media, and to deliver your prize to you. We may pass on your details to verify your age to ensure that we only give products containing alcohol to those aged 18 or over. The CAP Code also requires us (as the promoter of this competition) to either publish or make available certain information about prize winners. You can object to this information being published or made available by contacting us on 03330 148 168 or email@example.com. Please note that, even if you opt out, we may still have to provide the information and winning entry to the ASA.
If your competition entry is a winner, we may share your details with the courier company we use to deliver your prize to you; the company we use to carry out age verification checks (if required); and with our core IT services providers.